Plane

Plane

Monday, April 17, 2017

Wedding Card Crate - Vintage Cherry


I ended up making another wedding card crate for a customer on Etsy. This one is pine stained in Vintage Cherry. They are available for sale here.

Details and more pics after the jump.



The crate is about 19" x 10" x 9" (width, height, depth), made of pine, and assembled in a rustic style. I used a lot of visible nails to join it together. Unlike a lot of furniture, especially the kind of styles that I prefer where invisible joinery is the goal, this is designed to have a rustic style, so the nails work.

The customer wanted a reddish hue, so I used vintage cherry stain. It lent a rich color to the finished product.


Just as before, I secured the lid with copper nails that you can pull out easily (but not so easily that it will come apart when you don't want it to).


I stenciled on "[NAME] Brewing Co. est [MM DD YY]" and would be happy to do the same for you and your big day.



No comments:

Post a Comment