Plane

Plane

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Knife Strip With Knives

Look at all those knives
A fellow out in sunny California bought a knife strip from me and wanted it extra long. He was kind enough to send me a picture of it it installed and with knives on it. Just in case anyone was curious if the magnets were strong enough to really hold a bunch of knives I present photographic evidence. Those cleavers look awful heavy.




Anyway it's made of birdseye maple and is a over 30 inches long. The whole thing has a whole bunch of magnets with a whole bunch of pull force. I've talked about the magnets before, but they're N45 Neodymium rare earth magnets with at least 34 lbs of pull force and are rated as having a BrMax of 13,800 Gauss (Note: I do not know what "BrMax" means and googling it leads to definitions that are a bit above my memory of Mr. Balzer's AP Physics).

Just thought it might be fun for people to see that yes, these knife strips can hold some serious knives.

No comments:

Post a Comment